Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

You will be shocked to know why Sunny Leone set up her own makeup line

Sunny, a doting mother to three kids, launched her own makeup brand in 2018 known as ‘Star Struck’.

You will be shocked to know why Sunny Leone set up her own makeup line

Sunny Leone needs no introduction! She landed in India as a wild card entrant in Colors’ controversial reality show Bigg Boss and became a household across the country in absolutely no time. Over the years, Leone has been a part of several successful films and hosted a few reality shows on television. So, when she says that she too has faced rejections, it does come as a surprise.

Talking to an Indian publication, the Jism 2 (2012) star said, “Of course, everybody has to face rejections. You don’t want to feel that way, it affects your day, but then there is tomorrow. You have something else going on. If someone’s not giving it to you, you go out and get it. How are you going to satisfy yourself and your career?”


In a shocking revelation, Leone said that there are several established brands that do not sign her to endorse them. Not just that, the 41-year-old also recalled how a clothing brand refused to provide her with a dress for making an appearance at an event.

“There’s no makeup brand in India who would put me in their ad film. That hurts, you are like, ‘I can be just as good as they are.’ A clothing brand that won’t give clothes to you to wear at an event because they are like, ‘You are not big enough for them.’ Then what do you do? she divulged.

Leone added that such countless rejections led her to lay the foundation of her own makeup line and clothing brand. “I created my own makeup line, my own clothing brand. It’s mine. It’s really just about saying, ‘You know what? Buzz off, I will just create it and make it all about how I want the world to view my brand’,” she added.

But has Leone never said no to a project that hurt egos? Talking about the same, the actress said that it all has to work. “Some people think when you sign a film, it’s just one yes, but you say a yes to so many different things… they have to happen before you even reach the set. I am talking about the business side of things, your contract, the money, stylist, hair and makeup person, and what’s required of you. That’s how it is at least for me," she said.

Leone added that there are a lot of things that actors say no to, and it hurts brands' feelings probably. "Think about it, if you are trying to sell something and they say a no, of course, it hurts. But there have been times when I have been rejected for certain projects, that I wished to be a part of," she concluded.

On the work front, Sunny Leone will next be seen in such upcoming projects as Rangeela, Shero, Oh My Ghost, Koka Kola, Helen, etc.

More For You

DDLJ director Aditya Chopra earns UK Stage Debut Awards nod for 'Come Fall in Love'

Aditya Chopra (right) with his father, Yash Chopra

YRF

DDLJ director Aditya Chopra earns UK Stage Debut Awards nod for 'Come Fall in Love'

BOLLYWOOD filmmaker Aditya Chopra was last Thursday (21) named among the nominees of the UK Stage Debut Awards for his Come Fall in LoveThe DDLJ Musical, performed at Manchester’s Opera House earlier this year.

Chopra delivered a blockbuster in 1995 with Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, popular as DDLJ, with Kajol and Shah Rukh Khan in the lead roles. It was adapted to a theatrical production and had its UK premiere in May.

Keep ReadingShow less
John Alford

The case continues at St Albans Crown Court

PA

Actor John Alford on trial for alleged abuse of minors, says he was targeted for extortion

Highlights:

  • John Alford, 53, is accused of sexually abusing two girls aged 14 and 15 at a Hertfordshire party in 2022.
  • Charges include sexual activity with a child, sexual assault and assault by penetration.
  • Prosecutors allege both girls were drunk when the incidents occurred.
  • Alford, whose real name is John Shannon, denies all allegations.
  • The trial is taking place at St Albans Crown Court.

Former London’s Burning actor John Alford is on trial accused of sexually abusing two teenage girls at a house party in Hertfordshire on 9 April 2022.

The 53-year-old, from Holloway, north London, faces four counts of sexual activity with a 14-year-old and two charges involving a 15-year-old girl, including sexual assault and assault by penetration. He has denied all the charges.

Keep ReadingShow less
Hyundai fraud case SRK Deepika

Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone have been listed in the complaint as brand ambassadors of Hyundai

Getty Images

Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone named in fraud case linked to Hyundai car defects

Highlights:

  • An FIR has been registered in Bharatpur against Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone and Hyundai officials.
  • A local resident alleges his Hyundai Alcazar SUV, bought in 2022, developed major defects.
  • The case includes fraud and conspiracy charges under IPC and Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita.
  • Both actors, Hyundai brand ambassadors, are accused of misleading consumers.
  • Neither Shah Rukh Khan nor Deepika Padukone’s teams have responded yet.

Legal case filed in Bharatpur

Bollywood actors Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone are facing legal trouble after an FIR was filed against them in Bharatpur, Rajasthan. The complaint, registered on 25 August at Mathura Gate police station, also names six Hyundai officials.

The case stems from allegations made by Kirti Singh, a Bharatpur resident, who claimed his Hyundai Alcazar SUV, purchased in 2022 for more than ₹23 lakh, developed serious technical issues within months. He further alleged that repeated attempts to get the company to address the problems were unsuccessful.

Keep ReadingShow less
Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce

Swift’s choice of So High School—widely believed to be inspired by Kelce—added a personal touch

Instagram/ taylorswift

Taylor Swift announces engagement to Travis Kelce with playful message to fans

Highlights:

  • Taylor Swift announced engagement to American footballer Travis Kelce via Instagram.
  • Kelce proposed in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, surrounded by floral displays.
  • Swift showcased a cushion-cut diamond ring from Artifex Fine Jewellery.
  • Fans and celebrities, including the Prince and Princess of Wales, reacted with excitement.

Taylor Swift confirms engagement with Instagram Post

Taylor Swift has announced her engagement to American football player Travis Kelce, sharing the news on Instagram with a carousel of images and the caption: “Your English teacher and your gym teacher are getting married.” The post, accompanied by her ballad So High School, quickly went viral, gaining more than 18 million likes within hours.

The photos show Kelce on one knee, Swift wearing a Ralph Lauren halter-neck dress and a Cartier watch, and the singer flashing her cushion-cut diamond engagement ring. According to reports, the ring was purchased from Artifex Fine Jewellery, with prices beginning at around $29,000 (£21,500).

Keep ReadingShow less
Lilly Singh reveals she’s been diagnosed with ovarian cysts
Lilly Singh reveals she’s been diagnosed with ovarian cysts
Getty Images

Lilly Singh joins Netflix’s Bollywood dance film 'Best of the Best'

NETFLIX has expanded its cast for Best of the Best, a coming-of-age film set around competitive Bollywood dancing, with comedian Lilly Singh joining in.

Hasan Minhaj and Prashanth Venkataramanujam have penned the story, about what happens when two childhood friends join the Bollywood dance team at their college. Minhaj will also act.

Keep ReadingShow less