Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Krishnan-Guru Murthy admits he did ‘Strictly’ to keep up with ‘hot wife’

Over the weekend, Krishnan and his dance partner Lauren Oakley took on the Foxtrot, performing to the Billy Ocean classic “Love Really Hurts Without You� on Strictly Come Dancing.

Channel 4 broadcaster Krishna Guru-Murthy has revealed that he accepted the offer to participate in the widely popular celebrity dance reality show Strictly Come Dancing to keep up with his ‘hot wife’ Lisa after he realised that he was “overweight and unattractive” on his 53rd birthday back in April.

He said his wife was “looking hot” after transforming herself by running ten miles every other day and joining a rowing club.


His wife’s fitness journey motivated Krishnan and, having signed up for the latest edition of Strictly Come Dancing, he eventually lost two-and-a-half stone over the course of a few months, dropping from 15 stone to 12st 7lbs.

Asked if he felt insecure about his appearance, he told a publication, “Yes, definitely. And I think that's not necessarily a bad thing if men pull themselves together because their wives are looking hotter than they are – if you get in that situation where all the women are looking good and all the men are overweight and beer bellies.”

He continued, “My wife is enjoying that I am a little bit lighter than I was. In a way, I have been trying to keep up with her. She is amazing and so I think she is pleased I have started catching and pulling myself together, getting fitter and looking a bit more presentable. I am a bit obsessed with being overweight and unattractive. My wife has never talked in those terms but she has always talked about me being healthy. I think you get yourself into a position where you give up and think it's fine. I just reached that stage.”

Over the weekend, Krishnan and his dance partner Lauren Oakley took on the Foxtrot, performing to the Billy Ocean classic “Love Really Hurts Without You” on Strictly Come Dancing.

Stay tuned to this space for more updates!

More For You

Kevin Spacey

Kevin Spacey speaks to press after leaving court at Southwark Crown Court on July 26, 2023 in London

Getty Images

Kevin Spacey faces three more sexual assault claims as London court revives a halted 2022 case

Highlights:

  • Three men file fresh allegations, stretching back more than a decade
  • London court signals a 2026 trial window, still deciding format
  • Spacey denies wrongdoing, two formal defences filed so far
  • Old Vic years come up again, with one claimant waiving anonymity

Kevin Spacey is facing three fresh sexual assault claims in London. The earliest goes back to 2000. Judges have mentioned a trial date, but lawyers are still arguing over whether the cases should run together or one by one. The filings put a spotlight back on Spacey’s years at the Old Vic and his time working in the UK.

Kevin Spacey Kevin Spacey speaks to press after leaving court at Southwark Crown Court on July 26, 2023 in London Getty Images

Keep ReadingShow less