Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Rajkummar Rao charging a whopping amount for Monica, Oh My Darling?

By Murtuza Iqbal

Rajkummar Rao is undoubtedly one of the most bankable actors we have in Bollywood right now. Amidst the pandemic, the actor’s last release Roohi also did reasonably well at the box office and he has multiple interesting projects lined up.


There have been reports of Rajkummar Rao and Huma Qureshi starring in a film titled Monica, Oh My Darling which will be produced by Sriram Raghavan and directed by Vasan Bala. It is said that the movie will be released on Netflix.

Now, according to a report in Bollywood Hungama, Rajkummar is charging a whopping amount of Rs. 15 crore for the movie. A source told the portal, “Since making his debut in 2010, Rajkummar Rao has come a really long way. Now after receiving critical acclaim for his performances and with his films being well-received, Rajkummar has managed to break away from being categorized as a tier two-star. In fact, post his recent release Roohi, and of course his previous Netflix film The White Tiger, Rao has become a name to contend with. Thanks to his newfound place within the industry, Rajkummar has hiked his fee and is now charging a whopping Rs. 15 cr for Monica, Oh My Darling.”

Well, till now, the movie has not been announced and there’s no official confirmation about Raj’s remuneration in it.

Talking about Rao’s other movies, the actor will be seen in films like Hum Do Hamare Do and Badhaai Do. The former stars Kriti Sanon opposite him and the latter stars Bhumi Pedenkar as the female lead.

While the shooting of Hum Do Hamare Do is still left, the shooting of Badhaai Do has been wrapped up.

More For You

online-gaming-reuters

If approved, the law would impose fines or jail terms on individuals and companies providing online money gaming services. (Representational image: Getty)

getty images

India introduces bill to ban online gambling

INDIA's government on Wednesday introduced a bill in parliament seeking to ban online gambling, citing risks of addiction, financial losses, and possible links to money laundering and terrorism financing.

The proposed legislation could affect a multi-billion dollar sector that includes online poker, fantasy sports, and India’s popular fantasy cricket apps, some of which sponsor the Indian Premier League (IPL) and the national cricket team.

Keep ReadingShow less
Harry Brook

Harry Brook leads his team off the field during the 2nd ODI between England and the West Indies at Sophia Gardens on June 01, 2025 in Cardiff. (Photo: Getty Images)

getty images

England announce Sri Lanka white-ball tour schedule

ENGLAND on Wednesday confirmed the dates for their white-ball tour of Sri Lanka in January and February next year, which will form part of their build-up to the 2026 T20 World Cup.

Harry Brook’s side will begin the tour with the first of three one-day internationals on January 22, two weeks after the scheduled fifth day of the fifth Ashes Test in Sydney. Brook, who is now England’s white-ball captain, is expected to feature in that match.

Keep ReadingShow less
Doctor Who BBC future

Ratings for Season 15 dropped to an average of 3.2M viewers

YouTube/ Disney Plus

BBC vows 'Doctor Who' will stay on air despite Disney uncertainty

Highlights:

  • BBC confirms its commitment to Doctor Who regardless of Disney’s future involvement.
  • Kate Phillips, the BBC’s new chief content officer, reassured fans at the Edinburgh TV Festival.
  • Ratings for Season 15 dropped to an average of 3.2M viewers, down from last year’s figures.
  • Ncuti Gatwa has exited the role, regenerating into Billie Piper’s Rose Tyler.
  • Spin-off The War Between The Land And The Sea is next in production.

BBC reassures fans over Doctor Who’s future

The BBC has confirmed that Doctor Who will remain on the broadcaster “with or without Disney”, following speculation about the sci-fi series’ future.

Kate Phillips, the BBC’s chief content officer, told delegates at the Edinburgh TV Festival:

Keep ReadingShow less
Starmer asylum claims

Keir Starmer attends the Service of Remembrance to commemorate the 80th Anniversary of VJ Day at the National Memorial Arboretum, in Alrewas, Staffordshire, Britain August 15, 2025. Anthony Devlin/Pool via REUTERS

getty images

Starmer under fire as asylum claims hit record high

PRIME MINISTER Keir Starmer faced renewed criticism over his immigration policies on Thursday (21) after new official figures showed asylum-seeker claims hitting a record high, with more migrants being housed in hotels compared with a year ago.

According to a regular tracker of voters' concerns, immigration has overtaken the economy as the biggest issue amid anger over the record numbers of asylum seekers arriving in small boats across the Channel, including more than 27,000 this year.

Keep ReadingShow less
GCSE results

Students queue to get their GCSE results at City Of London Magistrates Court on August 21, 2025. (Photo: Getty Images)

getty images

GCSE results show increase in top grades but decline in pass rates

HUNDREDS of thousands of teenagers received their GCSE results on Thursday, with figures showing a slight increase in top grades but a growing number of pupils failing English and maths.

Data from the Joint Council for Qualifications showed that 21.9 per cent of entries were awarded at least grade 7 or A, up from 21.8 per cent last year. The overall pass rate at grade 4 or C fell slightly to 67.4 per cent, compared with 67.6 per cent last year, though still above pre-pandemic levels.

Keep ReadingShow less