Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Deepika Padukone on Ranveer Singh being called the producer of Chhapaak: It is my money

Deepika Padukone will next be seen on the big screen in Meghna Gulzar’s Chhapaak. She is not just acting in the film but has also produced the movie. It marks Deepika’s debut as a producer.

Today, the title track of the film was launched at an event in Mumbai. At the event, when a journalist stated that even Ranveer Singh is a producer of the film as it is their home production, Deepika quickly interrupted and said, “Excuse me, who told you this. It is my money. It’s my hard work.” Meghna Gulzar, the director of the film, also stated, “It is wrong to assume that.”


Well, we wonder what Ranveer Singh has to about this statement of Deepika.

Chhapaak is based on the life of acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal. The film, which also stars Vikrant Massey, is slated to hit the screens on 10th January 2020. It will be clashing with Ajay Devgn, Saif Ali Khan, and Kajol starrer Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior.

At the trailer launch event of the film, Deepika had stated that Chhapaak will be the most special film of her career. She had said, “It’s not often when you come across a story where you know instantly in the first few minutes of the meeting with the director that this is what you want to commit your life to and Chhapaak is that for me. It’s been an incredible journey emotionally putting it together and I feel like irrespective of how it’s received and how it does, it will be the most special film of my career. I truly hope you see the impact that the film is supposed to have on all of us and the reason why we did this movie; I hope you see in it what we saw in it. We have made it with a lot of love, a lot of passion, a lot of enthusiasm, and with a lot of responsibility.”

More For You

Gautam Gambhir

Gambhir, 44, took over from Rahul Dravid after last year’s T20 World Cup win and has since lost 10 out of 19 Tests. (Photo: Getty Images)

Gambhir says BCCI will decide his future after India lose Test series 2-0

GAUTAM GAMBHIR said the Indian cricket board would decide his future as head coach after India lost the Test series 2-0 to South Africa on Wednesday.

India were beaten by 408 runs in the second Test, their biggest defeat by runs, and suffered a fifth loss in seven home matches. The team had earlier been whitewashed 3-0 by New Zealand a year ago, and the latest result in Guwahati renewed questions about Gambhir’s approach.

Keep ReadingShow less