Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Pakistan are on the right track: Misbah

Banking on the young talent, Pakistan head coach and chief selector Misbah-ul-Haq hoped for better results in 2020 and indicated that a few seniors may not return to the national side.

Misbah hailed emergence of batsman Babar Azam and pace duo of Naseem Shah and Shaheen Afridi in 2019, which he termed as tough for Pakistan in Test cricket.


"Going further we have to improve a lot of things in both red-ball and white-ball cricket. This team has enough potential and new boys are also making their way in international cricket. There's certainly a bright future ahead for us," Misbah said.

The coach spoke highly of Babar Azam.

"The emergence of Babar Azam as a mega star across all formats is very good news for Pakistan cricket. He remained number one in T20I cricket and is in the top ten batsmen in the ODI cricket.

"He played some brilliant innings in the World Cup and ended the year by establishing himself as a Test batsman with scintillating performances in Australia and two centuries against Sri Lanka in Pakistan."

Misbah also noted Naseem Shah and Shaheen Afridi's impressive start in Test cricket.

"Naseem got a fifer in the last Test against Sri Lanka. Shaheen bowled well in the World Cup and he showed glimpses of being a Test bowler in South Africa, and bowled really well in Australia and here in Pakistan against Sri Lanka. We will hopefully bank on these two promising fast-bowlers in the future.

"Overall, we are on the right track. The more we play the longer format, the more we will improve. We need to do a lot of work in white-ball cricket ahead of the all-important ICC T20 World Cup in Australia."

Misbah did not take any names but his comments indicated that it is the end of the road for Muhammad Hafeez and Shoaib Malik in international cricket

"We can go a long way with a few more additions in the side and the present players maturing," he said.

Misbah since assuming the dual responsibility in September has himself come under fire for the team's poor performances specially after they suffered a three nil defeat to Sri Lanka in the T20 home series but did not call Hafeez or Malik to the team even though Pakistan also lost a T20 series in Australia.

Hafeez and Malik last played for Pakistan in the World Cup. Since then Malik has retired from ODIs and only focuses on T20 cricket while Hafeez is also available only for white-ball cricket. None of the two has been called up for Pakistan duty by Misbah.

Malik and Hafeez have in a combined total made 705 white ball international ODI and T20 appearances for Pakistan.

Misbah said Pakistan's performances in white ball cricket suffered since their main players like Fakhar Zaman, Hasan Ali and Shadab Khan, on the back of whom we had won the ICC Champions Trophy 2017, lost form at a crucial time which saw us suffer in the ODI World Cup and T20I format.

More For You

​Vishal and Sai Dhanshika engagement on his 47th birthday takes fans by surprise

Vishal and Sai Dhanshika at their Chennai engagement ceremony

​Vishal and Sai Dhanshika engagement on his 47th birthday takes fans by surprise

Highlights:

  • Actors Vishal and Sai Dhanshika got engaged on his 47th birthday in Chennai
  • Wedding postponed until the Nadigar Sangam building is completed
  • Couple first confirmed their relationship in May 2025 at a press meet
  • Celebrities and fans flooded social media with congratulatory wishes

Tamil cinema stars Vishal and Sai Dhanshika made their relationship official in May, and on Friday, 29 August 2025, the pair celebrated their engagement. The event took place on Vishal’s 47th birthday in Chennai, with close friends and family in attendance. The engagement was widely shared on social media after Vishal confirmed the news on his X handle.

The Vishal and Sai Dhanshika engagement has now become one of the most talked-about events in Tamil film circles, especially as the couple postponed their wedding until the Nadigar Sangam building’s completion, a cause close to Vishal as General Secretary of the organisation.

Keep ReadingShow less
Sabrina Carpenter’s ‘Man’s Best Friend’ divides fans with explicit songs and controversial cover art

Sabrina Carpenter unveils Man’s Best Friend with unapologetic lyrics and daring cover art

Instagram/sabrinacarpenter

Sabrina Carpenter’s ‘Man’s Best Friend’ divides fans with explicit songs and controversial cover art

Highlights:

  • Sabrina Carpenter says Man’s Best Friend is “not for pearl clutchers”
  • Album includes nine explicit tracks and provocative artwork
  • Gayle King interview highlights singer’s unapologetic stance
  • Seventh studio release follows her Grammy-winning Short n’ Sweet

Sabrina Carpenter has addressed the backlash surrounding her Man’s Best Friend album, making it clear the project embraces explicit lyrics and bold imagery. Speaking to broadcaster Gayle King on CBS Mornings, the pop star said her record is “not for any pearl clutchers.” The 26-year-old explained that the music captures freedom of expression and fun, a theme she wants her fans to embrace despite criticism over her provocative stage visuals and artwork.

Sabrina Carpenter unveils Man’s Best Friend with unapologetic lyrics and daring cover art Instagram/sabrinacarpenter

Keep ReadingShow less
Julia Roberts After the Hunt

Julia Roberts at the Venice Film Festival premiere of After the Hunt as debate on #MeToo intensifies

Getty Images

Julia Roberts 'After the Hunt' grilled at Venice over #MeToo and Woody Allen nod

Highlights:

  • Julia Roberts addresses tough questions on feminism and complicity
  • After the Hunt centres on misconduct allegations in academia
  • Director Luca Guadagnino defends the film’s bold narrative choices
  • Amazon MGM to release the film in North America on 10 October

Julia Roberts’ After the Hunt became one of the most talked-about premieres at the Venice Film Festival as the film stirred a heated #MeToo debate. With questions of complicity, feminism, and responsibility dominating the press conference, the actress and director Luca Guadagnino faced pointed scrutiny. The psychological drama, set in higher education, not only highlighted misconduct but also raised deeper issues of accountability and shifting cultural conversations.

Julia Roberts After the Hunt Julia Roberts at the Venice Film Festival premiere of After the Hunt as debate on #MeToo intensifies Getty Images

Keep ReadingShow less
India-Canada-iStock

India and Canada have appointed new envoys in a step to restore diplomatic ties strained since 2023. (Representational image: iStock)

iStock

Envoys appointed as India, Canada move to restore diplomatic ties

INDIA and Canada on Thursday announced the appointment of new envoys to each other’s capitals, in a step aimed at restoring strained ties following the killing of a Sikh separatist in 2023.

India has named senior diplomat Dinesh K Patnaik as the next high commissioner to Ottawa, while Canada appointed Christopher Cooter as its new envoy to New Delhi.

Keep ReadingShow less
Selena Gomez bachelorette

Selena Gomez poses in Cabo wearing a pearl-embellished minidress during her bachelorette celebrations.

Instagram/selenagomez

Selena Gomez turns Cabo bachelorette into runway with pearl minidress and bikini parade before Benny Blanco wedding

Highlights:

  • Selena Gomez shared photos and videos from her bachelorette celebrations in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
  • The star wore a series of bridal-inspired white outfits, from pearl minidresses to crochet cover-ups
  • Blanco marked his bachelor party in Las Vegas with friends and fine dining
  • The couple, engaged since December 2024, are expected to tie the knot this autumn

Selena Gomez has given fans a behind-the-scenes look at her bachelorette party in Cabo San Lucas, where she gathered her closest friends for a sun-soaked celebration ahead of her upcoming wedding to music producer Benny Blanco. The 33-year-old singer, who announced her engagement in December 2024, posted a carousel of photos and videos on Instagram that captured the group’s seaside getaway, featuring themed decorations, yacht rides, and candlelit dinners.

Selena Gomez bachelorette Selena Gomez poses in Cabo wearing a pearl-embellished minidress during her bachelorette celebrations. Instagram/selenagomez

Keep ReadingShow less