Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Indian American company sues Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif

An Indian American company has sued Bollywood actors Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif for breach of contract after they reportedly failed to return the deposit after cancelling a show that was scheduled to take place in the United States of America.

Other Bollywood actors who were scheduled to travel with Khan and Kaif include Sonakshi Sinha, Ranveer Singh and Prabhudheva.


The stars were scheduled to take part in a concert titled 'Celebrating 100 years of Indian Cinema,' which was set to take place on September 1, 2013. However, the show had to be cancelled after Khan was prevented from leaving the country following the blackbuck poaching case.

As per the lawsuit cited by the Times of India, the company had even recommended postponing the show, but in vain. This has reportedly resulted in a loss of at least USD 1 million for the company. A spokesperson from the group reportedly told a channel that all their calls to "Mr Khan, his agents, and other artists, for the return of the funds have gone unanswered."

Khan is currently on a high following the release of Race 3. According to trade analyst Taran Adarsh, Race 3 has recorded a whopping sum of Rs. 29 crores on opening day and it is set to be placed itself on the top of 2018's list of Biggest Openers.

Adarsh tweeted: " records a GIGANTIC START, despite pre-Eid making a dent in its business... Emerges the BIGGEST OPENER of 2018 [so far]... Fri ₹ 29.17 cr. India biz... With festivities commencing today [Sat], is expected to post MASSIVE NUMBERS."

More For You

H1B programme

Brat has claimed that Chennai issued 220,000 H-1B visas despite the US cap of 85,000.

iStock

Economist alleges H-1B fraud as Chennai shows 220,000 approvals against US cap

AMERICA's H-1B visa system has come under renewed scrutiny after US economist and former Representative Dave Brat claimed that visa approvals had exceeded statutory limits.

Brat said on Steve Bannon’s War Room podcast that although the annual cap is 85,000, Chennai alone accounted for 220,000 H-1B approvals.

Keep ReadingShow less