Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

As top executive, Laxman Narasimhan to earn millions from Reckitt Benckiser   

INDIAN origin incoming chief executive of Reckitt Benckiser (RB) is in line to get over £7.5 million as compensation for joining the British multinational business giant.

Laxman Narasimhan, 52, who is scheduled to join RB leaving PepsiCo from next month.


Narasimhan had been granted remunerative replacement share and cash awards forfeited on leaving the US based business group.

The performance shares relate to three-year incentive awards granted to Narasimhan in the past two years, which are set to vest in 2020 and 2021.

Rakesh Kapoor, 61, who is set to become Narasimhan’s predecessor in September has been one among the 10 highest paid business bosses, according to the High Pay Centre.

Indian origin Kapoor was paid a sum of £15.2m in 2018, up from almost £9m he received in 2017.

The ‘target amount’ of Narasimhan’s award is worth a total of £5.3m. A maximum of 156,274 shares could vest if performance conditions are met in full. This means the value could rise to £9.3m, based on RB’s present share price.

He also has received replacement awards in cash. It amounts to about £2.3m but the figure could rise to as much as £4.6m, if maximum performance conditions are met.

The awards are on top of Narasimhan’s £950,000 salary package at RB, a pension allowance of 10 per cent of pay, a bonus with a target of 120 per cent of salary and a long-term incentive grant of 75,000 shares and 150,000 options for RB’s performance period 2019-21, which are set to vest in 2022 but are subject to terms and conditions.

Narasimhan will become group CEO with effect from September 1.

He will serve as group chief executive officer at RB, while also directly leading the health business unit.

The top executive holds a degree in mechanical engineering from University of Pune, India and an MBA in finance from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.

Before joining PepsiCo in 2012, he spent nearly two decades working as a consultant at McKinsey.

Narasimhan joins RB from PepsiCo where he is currently the global chief commercial officer responsible for PepsiCo's integrated long-term growth strategy.

He leads strategy, global category groups, global research and development and is implementing an advanced digital capability across the PepsiCo business.

More For You

Asda tech overhaul

Asda sales fell 0.2 per cent in the three months to June 30, 2025 (AFP via Getty Images)

AFP via Getty Images

Asda boss hails tech overhaul as key to revival despite sales slump

THE chairman of Asda has admitted the supermarket chain still faces challenges after sales slipped again over the summer, but said the completion of a major IT overhaul was crucial for its recovery.

Allan Leighton told the Times that the long-delayed technology project, called Project Future, had finally been finished after years of setbacks and costs exceeding £1 billion. The work involved separating more than 2,500 systems inherited from former owner Walmart, following Asda’s 2021 takeover by TDR Capital.

Keep ReadingShow less
JLR-Getty

A logo is pictured outside a Jaguar Land Rover new car show room in Tonbridge, south east England. (Photo: Getty Images)

Getty Images

UK car exports to US rebound after trade deal

UK VEHICLE exports to the United States rose in July after a new trade deal between London and Washington reduced tariffs, industry data showed on Thursday.

According to the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT), exports increased 6.8 per cent in July to nearly 10,000 units, following three consecutive months of decline.

Keep ReadingShow less
Relatives of jailed Briton appeal to UK minister in AgustaWestland row

Christian Michel

Relatives of jailed Briton appeal to UK minister in AgustaWestland row

THE family of Christian Michel, the British businessman accused of acting as a middleman in the AgustaWestland VVIP helicopter deal, has appealed to the UK government to push for his release from Delhi’s Tihar Jail.

Michel’s relatives met Foreign Office minister Catherine West in London on Tuesday (26). The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) said the minister listened to their concerns and updated them on ongoing steps being taken.

Keep ReadingShow less
Blackburn loses Issa empire as brothers move EG Group to US

Zuber and Mohsin Issa (Photo: LDRS)

Blackburn loses Issa empire as brothers move EG Group to US

ASIAN entrepreneurs Mohsin and Zuber Issa are moving the headquarters of their global forecourt company, EG Group, from Blackburn to the US in preparation for a major stock market listing in New York.

The firm confirmed that its main office will relocate to Charlotte, North Carolina, while a new base in Bolton, Greater Manchester, will handle its remaining UK operations, the Telegraph reported. The change brings an end to almost 25 years of the company being run from Blackburn.

Keep ReadingShow less
Migrant hotel workers call off strike after reaching agreement

Workers at Radisson Blu hotel in Canary Wharf

Migrant hotel workers call off strike after reaching agreement

WORKERS at the Radisson Blu hotel in Canary Wharf have cancelled a planned six-week strike after reaching an agreement that met all their demands.

The group of housekeepers, most of whom are migrant women from Nepal and members of the United Voices of the World (UVW) union, were due to begin industrial action on Sunday (31). It would have been the longest hotel strike in the UK since 1979, a statement said.

Keep ReadingShow less