Technician passed away on the sets of Anushka Sharma’s Pari


According to the reports, a technician named Sh. Shahabe Alam passed away due to electrocution on the sets of Anushka Sharma’s forthcoming film Pari.

Karnesh Sharma who is the co-owner of Clean State Films said in a statement, “In a very unfortunate incident while shooting yesterday, we lost one of our unit members, Sh. Shahabe Alam from the Lighting Department. Despite our best efforts and medical assistance, he could not be saved. We are collaborating with the authorities and his family to make all requisite arrangements for his last rites. We share their grief and stand by them in this time of great personal loss.”

“We are in touch with the concerned union and are awaiting their letter telling us the compensation that needs to be paid to the next of kin of the deceased as per the union laws. We will be happy to comply with the same as soon as we get their letter. We would also like to clarify that there are several rumours doing the rounds about the negligence on part of the deceased which led to the unfortunate incident. However, we would like to set the record straight that he had complied with all necessary safety norms and this was just an extremely unfortunate accident,” adds Karnesh.

As per the reports, the incident took place in Korolberia at Kolkata at a shoot around a bamboo bush. Pari was scheduled to release in February, 2018 under Anushka Sharma’s production banner Clean State Films. However, the shoot of the film has been put on hold for the team to handle the situation before recommencing their work.