Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the Mahamana Express which will ply between Varanasi and Vadodara.
Prime Minister further stated that projects worth Rupees. 1,000 crore will be inaugurated in the state in the near future.
Prime Minister Modi is on his two-day visit to his Lok Sabha constituency, Varanasi to inaugurate a number of projects and address public meetings.
While addressing the gathering, Prime Minister Modi said, “Projects worth over Rupees. 1,000 crore are either being inaugurated or their foundation stones are being laid. I compliment the Uttar Pradesh Government for their focus on the development of the state and the attention to eastern UP. The projects that we plan to do are inaugurated by us only.”
Hailing Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath-led government, Prime Minister Modi stated that the state chief has taken numerous steps for the betterment of people.
“I thank Yogi Adityanath from the bottom of my heart for initiating so many development projects in the state. Ever since he assumed office six years ago, the Uttar Pradesh government has taken numerous steps for the wellbeing of farmers, youngsters, and rural areas,” he said.
Prime Minister Modi further said, “Our weavers need a global market and that will enhance their economic prospects significantly. Also, the solution to all problems is Vikas (Development) and to boost economy we need to get tourists to Kashi.”
Union Minister Smriti Irani and other ministers were also present at the event.
Mahamana Express connects Varanasi & Vadodara, both vibrant cultural centres as well as Varanasi & Surat, both vibrant textile centres. pic.twitter.com/3t7GISk5nK
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) September 22, 2017
Things to Know about Mahamana Express
- The Mahamana Express between Vadodara and Varanasi will have 1 First-AC coach, 2 AC II-tier coaches, 8 sleeper-class coaches, 4 general second-class coaches, a pantry car and luggage van coaches.
- The Mahamana Express (20903), country’s third, will run between Varanasi and Vadodara. It is a weekly train which will depart from Varanasi on Fridays and from Vadodara on Wednesdays.
- The train will traverse a distance of 1,531 km crossing over four states: Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Gujarat. On its way, the Mahamana Express will halt at 9 stations: Chheoki in Uttar Pradesh, Itarsi, Jabalpur, Katni and Satna in Madhya Pradesh, Amalner and Bhusawal in Maharashtra, and Bahruch in Gujarat.
- Travelling at an average speed of 55.7 km per hour, the train will cover the 1,531 km-journey between Varanasi and Vadodara in 27 hours and 30 minutes.
- There will be 18 coaches of the train — one AC 1st Class coach, two Second AC, eight sleeper and four general coaches, one pantry car and two guard brake vans. The train does not have AC-3 tier coach.
- The unique features of the train include ergonomically-designed ladders for climbing to upper berths, snack tables for side berths, windows powered with Venetian blinds and roller blinds, LED lights across the coaches as berth indicators and reading lights, fire extinguishers in all coahes.
- The bathrooms are designed lavishly with platform washbasins, bigger mirrors, taps which allow controlled discharge of water, a system to check odour, exhaust fans and dustbins. Other facilities include electrically operated chimney in pantry car and stainless steel panelling in luggage compartment.
- The Mahamana Express, which derives its name from the former Hindu Mahasabha president Madan Mohan Malviya, was launched by the Modi government under the Make in India initiative. The other two trains, launched previously, traverse Varanasi-New Delhi and Bhopal-Khajuraho course.