Mumbai, the capital city of Maharashtra, is a financial and economic hub of India. It is also called as ‘The city of Dreams’ because the city is home to stock market exchanges, business firms, entertainment centres, and other homes that attract a lot of visitors. In fact, the city is a vibrant one that provides the best opportunities for starting a business and getting jobs in various sectors. The city is well-known for its cosmopolitan culture, night life, and unique cuisine items enabling tourists to enjoy their trip accordingly.
The city has amazing places to visit the make the favourite one among a lot of tourists. In fact, it makes tourists to fall in love with them after making a trip. Tourists can even get excellent amenities in Mumbai hotels when they want to plan a tour with family and others allowing them to get complete satisfaction. Moreover, they show methods to plan a trip in advance for making it a memorable one.
Important places to visit in Mumbai on a trip
- Gateway of India
Gateway of India is one of the must-see places in Mumbai because it allows visitors to enjoy the sea breeze. The monument dedicated to the landing of King George V and Queen Mary in 1911 allows visitors to know the architectural styles in detail. It is 26 meters high and joined with four turrets that attract more visitors every day. The monument built with Indo-Sarcenic styles also has some influence of Gujarati styles. Furthermore, it serves as the important landmark of Mumbai that defines the grandeur of the city.
- Elephant Caves
Elephant Caves in Mumbai has a collection of temples and tourists can take a one-hour ferry ride from the Gateway of India to reach them. Tourists can visit 5 caves dedicated to Lord Shiva and 2 caves which depict the Buddhist architectures. The caves are UNESCO World Heritage Site located on the Elephanta or Gharapuri Island that are 11 km away from the city.
- Siddhivinyak Temple
Siddhivinyak Temple is a famous temple located in Prabhadevi, Mumbai that invites a lot of d devotees from different parts. Dedicated to Lord Ganesh, the idol in the temple is made out of a single piece of black stone. There is a belief that the temple will fulfil the wishes of individuals and women who are having infertility problems. Tourists who want to get an enriched spiritual experience can visit the temple for ensuring peace of mind.
- Juhu Beach
Juhu is one of the longest beaches in India and the surrounding areas cover the bungalow of popular media personalities including film stars. Another thing about the beach is that it allows visitors to taste a variety of street foods with unique flavours. It is an ideal place for weekend getaways and short break for getting relaxation in calm and peaceful environment.
- Prince of Wales Museum
The Prince of Wales Museum is one of the heritage buildings in Mumbai because it is a blend of Indian, Mughal, and British architectural styles. It has a collection of exquisite artefacts enabling visitors to know more about rich culture and diversity of India. In addition, the museum recently underwent renovation works that add more styles to the building structure.
Travel tips to Mumbai
- The best time to visit Mumbai is from November to March in a year. This is because the summers and monsoons are very active in the city from April to October.
- Marathi, Hindi, and English are the languages spoken in Mumbai enabling tourists to make a trip with ease.
- Mumbai has excellent sub-urban train and bus services allowing visitors to reach various parts of the city as soon as possible. Furthermore, one can use taxi apps to rent vehicles at affordable rates.
- It is advisable not to eat street foods in Mumbai that can help prevent health hazards effectively. Most street foods are not hygienic which lead to stomach upsets and other issues.
- Travelers should take bottled water whenever they want to travel in Mumbai because the tap water may contain contaminants that will affect health.
- There are some places in Mumbai that are high prone to mosquitoes and visitors should take some precautionary measures in order to minimize malaria and dengue fever.
- Travelers should avoid crowded trains and places in Mumbai to prevent pickpocketing, burglary, etc.
- First-time visitors should carry a city map that can help to find the direction of hotels and other important places as soon as possible.
- Travelers and foreign nationals should take care of their personal things including money when visiting important places in the city.
- Tourists should carry a copy of important documents for identification purposes to get entry in hotels and other places.
- Visitors should pack their clothes based on the season which ultimately gives ways to get more protection from potential hazards.
- The city is well-known for its night life because it covers a large number of pubs and disco clubs allowing visitors to get more pleasure.
- Some areas in Mumbai are not safe to travel alone during the night and visitors should know them from local authorities before making a trip.
Booking hotels in Mumbai
Before making a trip to Mumbai, visitors should make sure that they choose the best hotels that offer excellent facilities. Since Best Mumbai hotels offer different types of accommodation, travellers should select the right one which fit their budgets and requirements. Tourists can get details about them from multiple hotel websites allowing tourists to compare the prices with ease.
Apart from that, they provide methods to reserve a hotel at affordable rates allowing tourists to plan a trip without any difficulties. A reputed hotel website makes feasible ways to book rooms at the best prices which can save more money. It is advisable to read reviews and ratings of hotels while booking them online. Also, they pave ways to focus more on a trip to witness peace of mind.