India on Saturday condemned the barbaric and dastardly terrorist attacks in Kabul. The attack targeted at least 95 lives and wounded more than 150 people. The blast took place near Indian embassy in the Afghan capital. 

Taliban has claimed the responsibility for the deadly attack, as per Afghan media. 

In a statement, the Indian Ministry of External Affairs said, “India strongly condemns the barbaric and dastardly terrorist attacks in Kabul today that targeted innocent civilians and the wounded under treatment. This follows the cowardly terror attack on the children and civilians in Jalalabad on 24 January.” 

“There can be no justification for such reprehensible attacks. The perpetrators of these attacks and their supporters should be brought to justice,” the statement added. 

“We convey our heartfelt condolences to the next of kin of the victims of these terror attacks and pray for speedy recovery of those injured. India stands ready to extend all possible assistance, including for treatment of those injured,” it said. 

Taking to Twitter, President Ram Nath Kovind too offered his condolences, reiterating India’s resolve of standing “shoulder-to-shoulder with the people and Govt of Afghanistan in the fight against forces of terror”.  

Afganistan’s Member of Parliament Mirwais Yasini, who witnessed the blast, recounted that an ambulance neared the police checkpoint and exploded. He said that he saw ‘a number of people lying on the ground’.

A spokesperson from the public health ministry said, “Several people had been killed and many wounded in the blast”. 

Nasrat Rahimi who was present during the blast told, “The suicide bomber used an ambulance to pass through the checkpoints. He passed through the first checkpoint saying he was taking a patient to Jamuriate hospital and at the second checkpoint he was recognised and blew his explosive-laden car.” 

Kabul has been witnessing numerous bombing attacks claimed by the Islamic State group and the Taliban over the last year.