Mp3 and mp4 files seem like a thing of the past because everything is available online now, that you don’t really need to think about using these formats in a normal scenario. Although, there are many situations where you need to use the mp4 or mp3 file for editing, etc. and that’s when we end up in a pickle. Sometimes, you have mp4 files and not mp3 ones, and you don’t want to store heavy mp4 files and use up your storage. Well, there is a solution for everything and we have one right here for you.
Understanding mp4 and mp3
Before we move onto understanding how you about from an mp4 to mp3, it is important to understand what both of them really do. Any mp3 file you would have would be an audio file, and an mp4 file would be a video file. Both of them come from the same form of the compression system, the only difference being in what their purpose is.
You can convert any mp4 file to an mp3 format file because it houses both audio and video for it, although the opposite is not possible. Most online tools that do this conversion work on simple basics of eliminating the video content from the mp4 file.
How to convert mp4 to mp3 online?
To answer the main question first, yes, it is very much possible to do this, and there are many online tools that let you convert mp4 to mp3. Most users who need audio files of YouTube videos use this option in combination with other online tools like YouTubetomp4.org. There are many sites which do both tasks, so you can find one to get the job done quickly.
- Open the browser you use on a regular basis, and open a new tab.
- Search for any online website that lets you do the conversion for free.
- Now, if you have the video saved in your phone or laptop, upload it onto the website.
- Ensure that the video size is under the limit of what the website allows you to upload.
- There is another option that is usually available, to add the video link to the search bar.
- Once you have added the video link or the video itself, choose mp3 as your format.
- Press the convert button and choose whether you wish to receive the video on the mail or directly download it.
- Your download will begin soon if you have chosen that option.
More conversion methods
Converting a video to MP4 or MP3 online is one of the easiest options to use, but when you have a video that can’t be uploaded because of its size, then you have to resort to other methods of conversion. Using your laptop for this is one thing that you will have to do because windows media player plays an important role here. Almost all laptops or desktops have this application pre-installed so no external plug-ins or downloads are needed. Just follow these steps and you will be done.
- The open windows media player on your personal computer.
- Go to the File option in the top left corner once it is launched.
- Select the mp4 file you wish to convert, and it will open in the windows media player.
- Go to the save as an option now and select mp3 as your saving format.
- Select the location where you wish to save the file.
- Now, the media player will save the mp3 automatically, and you will have the converted mp3 file.
A few tips for you
The conversion from mp4 to mp3 format is pretty easy if you know your way around. You might stumble a little if you are doing it for the first time, but with a few tips, you will be able to convert within seconds without much help.
- Always check the converter you are using and see the kind of reviews it has had from users.
- Don’t pay for anything related to going from mp4 to mp3 online. All these are usually great for users who have large files to convert. Although, in that case, software that does the conversion is a better option.
- Ensure that the quality of the video is good because you might end up with bad quality audio as well otherwise.
- Some online websites also let you choose the audio quality, choosing the best audio quality in this case even though you might end up downloading a heavier file.
- Check if your browser works with the online tool you are using. Compatibility is extremely important.
- Any other video format might not work the same as an mp4 format so the conversion would be different. Hence, check and see if the video format is mp4 for sure.