Are you ready for an interstate move?
Eastern Eye Staff
Interstate move is one of the most difficult tasks to do. It requires a lot of effort, time, and much more. The process of planning for an interstate move is overwhelming, exciting, and difficult also. Though all the moves are difficult an interstate move is most difficult because it includes weather and cultural changes also. But if you have a proper checklist in your hands that what you have to do and when then the entire thing becomes easier for you. You can check out here for the best state to state moving companies. However, if you want to know whether you are finally ready for a move then these are the tasks that you must have completed.
Things to do 8 weeks before
Start with hiring the services
First of all, you should decide that what are services that you need? Like whether you need a full-service mover or you are capable to embark on a DIY move mission. You should hire the right mover company when you don’t have time to do it by yourself. Make sure you choose the one only which is experienced and capable of handling all the belongings to make it reach the destination safely.
Things to do 6 weeks before
After hiring services, it is time to start the actual moving process. Book your mover and start packing the items to get ready for the interstate move. When you book the mover, make sure the one has the proper license number. You should read all the things before you sign any contract.
Create an inventory list
You should make an inventory list of what items you want to take with you and what you don’t. If you prepare a list well then the moving becomes easier for you. After it, you will get to know whether there is a need for any storage space or not.
Do some additional things, like:
- Start packing as soon as possible.
- Choose a school for your kids. Research about the schools and get information about schools and then consider which one is the right for your kids.
- The next thing that you have to do is to prepare your budget well. Moving out of state would not be cheaper so you should be able to prepare a budgetin a good manner. Even when if you are considering having a DIY move still, you might in need of labor services and getting a moving truck rental. You should always be a little bit flexible with your budget.
Things to do 4 weeks before
- This is the time when you have to start spending more time doing moving tasks. It is time to book your truck rental if you are having a DIY move.
- If you are moving with a pet then you should check the medical reports and have the complete documents of the pet. Also, get the proper vaccinations for your dog.
- Collect all your important documents such as legal records, birth certificates, and all other financial records and keep all these documents in a separate bag with you.
- You should not leave everything on the last day therefore, it is just the time to do as much as moving tasks you can do. You should pack more and more items now. If you are also shipping your car then you should empty it.
- Ask for help if you need it. If you are embarking on a mission of DIY move then you might be in need of help from your friends then it is just the right time to ask for help. Asking for help in advance is great because it lets your friends have time to help you.
- You should also prepare your new home. Set up all the new utilities at the new home and close the subscription of the utilities at your current home.
Two weeks before
Don’t fret when the moving day is coming near. Relax, everything will be done on time. Start emptying your freezer with the leftover food. You should not take new food items, it is just the time to consume the food that has been frozen in the food items.
The week before the moving day
- Start dissembling the furniture items. Take photographs of the furniture items before dissembling the furniture items.
- If there are still food items present in the pantry then you should donate these items.
- Defrost your freezer and do all the pending tasks.
Don’t get nervous. You are almost done. It is just the time to do all the things as per the plan. Take rest the night before the moving day and have a good breakfast.
If you have completed all the above-written tasks then you are ready for the interstate move but if anything is pending then it is time to do things as written above. Remember that interstate move is not easy so you should plan as earlier as possible so that things can be done at the right time and you don’t have to stress at the last moment.