- Before Farhan made his debut as a director in Dil Chahta Hai, he worked as an assistant director for Lamhe and Himalay Putra. He wrote Dil Chahta Hai when his mother treated him to throw out of the house if he did not do anything in life.
2. Farhan has a phobia of cockroaches. Farhan stated in an interview that Mathematics was a nightmare for him. While in the second year, Farhan was kicked out of college for short attendance. He didn’t even try to complete his graduation later.
3. Farhan Akhtar has watched Sholay around 50 times but doesn’t find it perfect, for him Deewar is much stronger. He also believes that he is a better actor than a director. He gets his inspiration in Hollywood legend, Robert Di Nero.
4. Farhan is the brand ambassador of the noble cause MARD (Men Against Rape and Discrimination). The worst moment of Farhan’s life was during the 1992-93 riots when the actor had to face controversy because he was a Muslim.
5. Farhan Akhtar has a borderline obsessive-compulsive disorder. It irritates him if his things are not in the proper place and he finds it difficult to concentrate when he feels that his things are not in the correct position.