- Alia was born to Mahesh Bhatt and Soni Razdan on 15th March 1993. Pooja Bhatt and Rahul Bhatt are her step sister and step brother. She has been brought up as an atheist by her father and has not been made to follow any religion since her childhood.
2. Alia Bhatt is trained dancer from Shiamak Davar’s Academy. She has also got training in music from A R Rahman’s music school. She did playback singing for movies like Highway and Humpty Sharma ki Dulhania. Her other interests include playing handball and making paintings with charcoal.
3. Alia decided to make her career only by herself that’s why she had to give audition for the role in Student of the year. She went through the competition of 400 other girls and nailed the auditions.
4. Alia never had the curvaceous figure she has today. In fact, her overweight body earned her the name of Aloo in her childhood days. She was asked to lose weight for her first movie Student of the Year by filmmaker Karan Johar, for which she shed a total of 16 kg.
5. Alia Bhatt is a fitness freak and health conscious person, who believes in keeping an eye on her weight by consuming fresh fruits and vegetables. Even though her favourite foods include pasta, dosa, cheese, rabri and kheer.